Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Embrace It

How many times a day do you spend worrying about what you can't do, rather than thinking about what you can do? 


During class we were assigned to take a self- assessment which contained questions about your personality, work ethics, and relationships. After completing the questions we were given five different words that described us. My five strengths were:


Futuristic
Arranger
Self-Assurance
Relator
Developer

What do these mean? Well, these five words describe how I act, and think.


Futuristic; People who are inspired by the future and what it could be. I have the mentality to be inspired by my goals to keep me going. I like to think of ways to improve myself for my future. I find this quite interesting actually since everyday I am always thinking of how my future might look like. I am quite fond by the fact that everything in my life is happening pretty quickly. I am in college right now, and I am working for my future. This strength defines me well. I am one who works hard for her future. I like to keep the idea that I am working towards something, which is one of the reasons why I set goals for myself; to keep me going.

Arranger; can be organized, and like to figure out how all of the pieces and resources can be arranges for maximum productivity. When I usually work in group projects, I have the tendency to be the one student that keeps working until the work is accomplished. Rather than being set on one idea for the project, I keep thinking and working until we have multiple ideas to debate on. I never sit around being the social loafer; I like to be within the group and contributing ideas. I always look for perfection. I hate the idea of my work being 'average.' If I know I can succeed to the best of my ability, I will go past that A+. I want my work to be the best I can make it be.


Self-Assurance; feels confident in their ability to manage their own lives. I have the capability to have faith in all my strengths by being able to trust my own judgments in decision-making, while confident in my goals. If I want something, I will usually go for it. I tend to not make second judgments; I trust my own instincts. It's not healthy to go for that path, but that's how I am most of the time. In high school, if I had an idea or a suggestion to make, I go for it. I like to work for what I want no matter how long it took. I like things to go my way.

Relator; enjoys close relationships with others, and finds deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal. Within in my group of friends I am the one person who brings everyone together. I am the energetic, always smiling person who loves having a good time. I don't have many trusting friends actually. I like to keep close to very few specific people because I find it a hard time to be trust others. But with these friends I like to go on great adventures and being able to relate to them.

Developer; recognize and cultivate the potential in others. I was absolutely surprised when I found out about this certain strength. I never realized this side of me before. As a developer I like to look for the strengths in others. If I know they have potential, I praise them to keep their motivation higher. This is true because with any of my friends or peers, I am the person they go to when they need advice, or generally someone to vent to. I tell them what my thoughts are, and how I think they should improve. I have this very close 'brother' to me who feels down in the dumps at some points in his life. He is doing well lately; but I received a call last night from him telling me how he felt. Rather than just simply cheering him up, I told him about what he has gone through and to keep going through it. As a Relator, I like to help others to reach their goals.  


With these strengths I learned more about myself that I already knew, and what I didn't know before. I learned how to embrace your strengths.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog. I am looking forward to seeing these strength from you in class :)

    ReplyDelete