Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Readiness Program

Summer! Summer is supposed to be a few months off school to relax, to basically get away from the tedious school work, and to have fun right? So why be a part of the Summer Readiness Program?

For starters, SRP is a program created for any upcoming first year City College students to get ahead in their school work. As for myself, I am in it for two reasons. First, to get off my lazy butt and to be active during the Summer rather than staying at home. Also because I am required as a Price Scholar. The Price Scholarship was rewarded to students who went through a process of selection of many students in need of support.

 SRP is such an exciting experience for various of reasons. We are able to review materials, and even learn new things we are required to know before advancing to the next classes in the Fall. We are able to meet other students like ourselves, who then becomes our support group, and who shares the same goal: to succeed in college. We are able to wake up every morning, eager to go to school to work hard, and study hard for our future. I think that's what keeps me motivated through the Summer; to succeed for my future.

SRP gave me the opportunity to work for what I want and for what my future holds. I am able to come to class every morning, Monday thru Thursday and say "Hey, I am here to make something of myself, and to work hard to be successful." I have many reasons to attend SRP, but one thing that I will always love is how exciting it can be. Sure, there are tedious tasks, and it has it's moments of boredom, but I enjoy learning new materials, and bonding with my peers and teachers.

I don't know about everyone else, but I recommend SRP to all future first year college students. Why? Well think about like this, do you care about where you go in life? Do you know what you're going to do when Fall semester starts? Do you know what classes to take, or where to go for help when you need it? Well SRP assisted me in gaining that knowledge I needed to give me that 'push' for Fall semester. It helped me feel even more comfortable in starting school and being confident with my classes. So here's my question; your future is what you make of it, so why not start now?

1 comment:

  1. I like the layout of this blog, neat, clean, organized. Im excited to see what the rest of the posts they were assigned will say.

    ReplyDelete