Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lesson Learned #2

 Follow your heart. Do whatever makes you happy.

Would you rather walk the path of a nurse or a doctor, just how your parents want you to do? Or would you rather do what makes you happy?

Your voice matters the most when it comes to your own life. Try not to do whatever everyone else tells you to do, because in the ed, you have to do things the way you want it. It's not always about others, but yourself . It's your life.


"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." - Steve Jobs


It is acceptable and considerate to take the opinions of others, but what you think is the most important of all. It wasn't that long ago where I was dependent of other people. Whenever I had a problem or had something to do, I would ask my friends, "What do I do?" "What do I say?" "Should I do this, or do that?" I never trusted my own instincts no matter what. I always believed that whatever I would think, was wrong. Just like Steve Jobs said, don't let what others say bring your 'voice' down. Everyone has the ability to go for what they want, and what they are capable of. 

It wasn't until I realized that I am my own person. No one controls my life or know me better than myself. I have the capability to follow my heart and what I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment